Homage To The Classic Designs
The philosophy of Modern Vintage is not to re-invent the wheel but rather pay homage to the classic designs and update them to current build spec and function.
Modern Vintage Guitars maintain the formula that created the sound, feel, and look of the cherished original instruments. However, they also added updates to bring those designs to current build specs.
- Hipshot tuning keys (bass models) – more precise tuning, lightweight
- Torrefied Maple necks on both guitar and bass models – for increased stability, with improved note sustain and clarity.
- Modern 2-way truss rod system with easy access – allows for ‘on the fly’ adjustments and for dialing in the perfect setup.
Period Correct Vintage Attributes
Careful attention was given to ensuring vital aspects of the vintage instruments were included in the designs.
- Steel bridge and saddles with the vintage ‘screw saddle’ – produces note attack/decay like the originals.
- All passive electronics – true analog vintage sound
- Period correct 4-ply tortoise pick guard material used on certain instruments
- Matching headstocks with custom-color instruments
- Neck profiles modeled after curated vintage instruments regarded as having the ‘most traditional’ neck shapes of the era.
Boutique Production Makes It Better
Modern Vintage Guitars are designed by luthier Rob Elrick. The initial build stage is done at a custom factory in South Korea, and final completion is done in Chicago, USA. Limited yearly production ensures the highest manufacturing quality and the result rivals top priced USA brands!